Built for the 1900 Exposition Universelle, the Grand Palais was the work of three different architects, each of whom designed a façade. During World War II it accommodated Nazi tanks. In 1994 the magnificent glass-roofed central hall was closed when bits of metal started falling off, although exhibitions continued to be held in the other wings. After major restoration, the Palais reopened in 2005.
Galeries Nationales du Grand Palais
|Venue name:||Galeries Nationales du Grand Palais|
3 avenue du Général Eisenhower
|Opening hours:||Open times vary|
|Price:||Before 1pm with reservation €12. After 1pm without reservation €10; €9 reductions; free under-13s|