Built towards the end of the 17th century to a design by Antonio Gaspari, Palazzo Zenobio's broad façade and two wings extending backwards, making it unusual in Venice; the central window crowned by a curved tympanum owes more to the works of the Roman architect Borromini than to local examples. In 1850, the palace was acquired by the Armenian Mechitarist monks of San Servolo and served as a college for Armenian students until 1997. Since then, it has been used as a guesthouse and hired out for special events.
Entrance is via the Atelier 'Il Palazzo', to the left of the main entrance. The interior is sumptuously decorated with 18th-century frescoes and stucco-work. The showpiece of the palace is the Sala degli Specchi, the ballroom frescoed by the French artist Louis Dorigny. He created an elaborate ceiling with mythological figures cavorting amid trompe l'œil pillars and columns. The side rooms are frescoed in a more delicate Tiepolesque style. The formal garden, with its weatherbeaten statues and peaceful avenues, can also be visited.