Chicago summer music festivals: Concert event calendar
Chicago is home to dozens of annual music festivals. Discover the best of Lollapalooza, Pitchfork, North Coast, Spring Awakening, Taste of Chicago and more.
Photograph: Brendan Lester
With a major event every weekend, Chicago is the capital of summer music festivals. From Lollapalooza down to neighborhood rib fests, hundreds of acts grace our outdoor stages. Heck, we host three EDM festivals alone—Electric Daisy Carnival, Wavefront and Spring Awakening. You can take in a free street party or splurge on a VIP experience and still catch the best bands going today. With our guide you can find out who is playing the Taste, and why the Taste of Randolph beats its big brother. So pick up some festival clothing and hit the streets, parks and beaches.
Lollapalooza 2013 delivers the heat with a lineup full of buzz bands.
The final Chicago summer music festival of the season is a punk rock paradise with the Replacements, Pixies, Blink 182, Fall Out Boy and more.
You might also like
- 10 best Lollapalooza acts you might not know
- 10 sets to see at Lollapalooza 2014
- 11 must-see acts at Pitchfork Music Festival 2014
- The 50 best songs from ’80s movies
- Concerts in Chicago: April live music calendar
- Lorde at Aragon Ballroom (PHOTOS)
- The 50 best drinking songs
- Pharrell Williams interview
- The 50 best breakup songs
- The 50 best love songs ever made