Any true comedy fan knows there’s only one place to be during the month of August: the Edinburgh Fringe. It’s the biggest and best arts festival on the planet, and the comedy hub for acts from across the globe.
So, how would you like a free trip? And do you think you could handle more than 100 hours of comedy in just two weeks?
The Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Awards (the Oscars of the stand-up world) are looking for public panellists to join the 2013 judging team. You’ll need to have heaps of energy and be a passionate, regular punter of the live comedy scene. The FECA team will provide accommodation, travel, show tickets and party invitations.
So, if you think you could spot the next Steve Coogan, Lee Evans or Daniel Kitson, check the full details below about how to enter (and the Ts and Cs, of course).
How to enter
1. Tell us in approximately 350 words why you are the best candidate.
2. Write three short reviews of your three favourite live comedy acts.
3. Entries must reach us by 10 May 2013. If you are shortlisted, you will be required to attend an informal interview in London on either 30 or 31 May 2013. Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org, or Edinburgh Comedy Awards Panellist, 1 Lumley Court, Off 402 Strand, London WC2R 0NB.
4. The winners will be announced in mid June.
Terms and conditions
1. Entrants must be 18 or over and resident in the UK.
2. Entrants must be available full time and able to reside in Edinburgh from August 10-24.
3. The competition is not open to employees of the Festival Fringe Society or anyone connected professionally with the comedy business.
4. The prize is a position on the Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Awards judging panel for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2013. The winner must attend approximately six shows a day, possibly more, and provide short reviews for all shows attended.
5. Only one entry per person.
6. The winners will be chosen by the award director Nica Burns and the decision is final.
7. The prize is non-transferable. There will be no cash prize.
8. No responsibility will be taken for entries lost, delayed or incomplete.
9. All costs incurred by the winners other than travel and accommodation are at the winner’s expense.
Latest comedy features
AS the elusive US comedy heavyweight and ‘Chappelle’s Show’ star heads to London, we offer some essential viewing to get you pumped (or bring you up to speed)Read more