Terrified at the prices of theatre tickets in London? Worried that you can't get tickets to a sold out play or musical? Or just a fan of a good discount? The top prices in the West End can be daunting, but cheap theatre tickets abound in London… if you know how to get them. Here are Time Out’s tips on where to find them, as well as the best ways to score last minute tickets to sold out shows.
• Discount websites like Time Out Tickets & Offers and lastminute are a good start for finding substantial discounts to shows in the West End proper and a few larger theatres elsewhere.
• Also try the reliable non-profit Leicester Square ticket booth, aka tkts. Located since 1980 in Leicester Square's Clocktower Building, with a second outlet at Brent Cross, it's run by the Society of London Theatre and is several cuts above other, unofficial touts in the vicinity.
• Finally, remember that from fringe theatres to the West End, virtually every show will have reduced price previews prior to opening night. However, bear in mind that the production will technically still be a work-in-progress.
How to get cheap theatre tickets for...
West End shows
Unless the show is hot or the run is short, you can shop around for discounted West End tickets
Other major theatres
Look away from the West End – London's larger theatres offer in-house discounts and cheap tickets
Off-West End theatres
Off-West End theatres have some of the most exciting shows, and tickets are cheaper too
London's fringe theatre scene is not only vibrant, it's also affordable - here's how to snap up those tickets
Latest theatre ticket offers
Book theatre tickets
You might also like
- Track a trader with new interactive show 'Adventure 1'
- How to be a zombie in ‘The Generation of Z: Apocalypse’
- Terms and conditions: West End weekend and ‘The Mentalists’ tickets
- Time Out Card competition: Win tickets to 'Treasure Island' at The National Theatre
- Stephen Mangan interview: 'I’m delighted people still talk about "Green Wing"'