Five ways to welcome spring in NYC
Sun Mar 20 2011
There may still be a chill in the air, but March 20 marks the first day of spring. Here are five ways to celebrate the new season:
1. Head to the High Line. The elevated park offers all sorts of ways to get in touch with nature.
2. Feast your eyes on flowers at the Orchid Show.
3. Eat outdoors. Though some restaurants haven't opened their patios and gardens yet, you can still snag a Shake Shack burger to enjoy in Madison Square Park or munch on a sandwich from 'wichcraft in Bryant Park.
4. Read our tips for nurturing your budding botanist's green thumb and plant your own garden.
5. Burn off energy at Imagination Playground.