Parenting Poop: What Big Apple Moms and Dads Are Buzzing About
Thu Nov 20 2008
- Sure, your little copycat’s supercute when she pretends to use an iPhone, just like mommy. But a new study confirms she’s also mimicking your bad behavior, particularly your eating habits. Time to throw out those Dipsy Doodles, stat.
- It’s bad enough that the real-estate bubble is bursting. But parents who bought swanky multimillion-dollar condos on the UWS are particularly peeved because their kids are being forced to attend the “bad” public school due to rezoning.
- Britney really is finally getting her act together! According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, more kids than ever are riding in car seats. Unfortunately, 90% of them are installed incorrectly. Aren’t you glad we live in a city with public transportation?
- Forbes mag declares Suri Cruise the “hottest” celebrity spawn. How come no one ever talks about Toby Maguire’s daughter? She’s adorable!
- Toy industry expert Richard Gottlieb says targeting kids as consumers is a “good thing” because it teaches them to deal with the myriad marketing ploys that will come their way later in life. Spoken like a true capitalist (who we hope has no kids of his own!).