Live at TONY: The Staves
The singing sisters from England charm the pants off Time Out New York with an in-office performance.
Thu Mar 29 2012
We were very thrilled to host an in-office performance from the Staves today. These three sisters come from Watford, England, and sing in gorgeous harmony. Their debut album—due imminently—is produced by Glyn Johns and Ethan Johns (the first time that the father and son super-producers have ever teamed up), and we tipped the band for the top in our 2012 picks. The Staves are in town to play Communion tonight at the Mercury Lounge—that's the club night/record label that's co-run by Mumford & Sons' Ben Lovett, whom we interview in our current issue. Be there or be, uh, someone who is unmoved by exquisite voices and sweet melancholia.
RECOMMENDED: See all performances at Time Out offices
You might also like
Live music calendar for New York City
- The 50 best love songs ever made
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- The 50 best breakup songs
- Dance-party playlist: 100 greatest songs for an epic party
- Laurie Anderson interview: "It’s been a wonderful, kind of hallucinatory year"
- The 50 best summer songs ever made
- The 50 best road trip songs of all time
- The best NYC concerts and music festivals in August
- The best NYC concerts and music festivals in September
- Ultimate Pride playlist: The 50 best gay songs