Christmas events in Chicago
Make it the best holiday season ever with our guide to Christmas events, from holiday markets to ice skating
Wed Nov 5 2014
Photograph: Bekki Y Wasmuth
You have to be a special kind of person to love our winters, but you don't even have to like Christmas to like Christmas in Chicago. That's because Christmas events abound this time of year, from annual holiday events like Christkindlmarket in Daley Plaza to winter-long excursions like ice skating. Just remember how beautiful the city looked this holiday season when you're arguing over dibs with your neighbor in February.
Christmas events 2014
'Tis the season for carols, choirs, silver bells, Handel and Jingle Bashes and Balls.
Revisit your favorite carols and other perennials, or start a new seasonal tradition.
There's no shortage of things to do with kids in Chicago, but during the holidays that's especially true.
Th city has its own traditions, and your season could become brighter if you ventured out.
Find fun, unique gifts you often can't find at stores.
Avoid crowded stores and make Christmas shopping a cinch this year.
Take the stress out of gift giving by visiting these go-to Chicago gift shops.
We count down our favorite Christmas films, from silly Santas to shoot-outs in the snow
Plan a night that will fill your colleagues with holiday cheer.
Take a sneak peek at the snow, sleighs and Santas in this Christmas display.
You might also like
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- 33 things that will definitely happen to you when moving to Chicago
- The most overused words and phrases of 2014
- The best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- Things to do in Chicago today
- 23 things we learned about Chicago from the movies
- Christmas events in Chicago
- November 2014 events calendar for Chicago
- Magnificent Mile Lights Festival
- Things to do in Chicago this winter: Best 2013-2014 activities