Restaurants that serve heart for Valentine's Day
Want to devour a heart, literally, on the most romantic of holidays? These restaurants have heart on the menu
Fri Feb 7 2014
Courtesy of Tanta
Get your blood pumping at one of these restaurants cooking up the most important of muscles. From grilled chicken heart with spicy twists to multi-course dinners with more than one type of heart, one thing is for sure—this Valentine's Day, heart is the star of the plate.
RECOMMENDED: Valentine's Day ideas, from romantic restaurants to cute gifts
Chef Chris Pandel's gnocchi features a beef heart bolognese so rich in flavor it could make your heart stop.
- 1633 N Halsted St, (between North Ave and Willow St)
Start your romantic dinner with succulent beef heart anticuchos, a traditional Peruvian appetizer made with marinated grilled meat on skewers.
- 4053 N Kedzie Ave, (between Irving Park Rd and Belle Plaine Ave)
Shin Thompson opens his six-course Valentine's Day tasting menu with a beef heart tartare amuse bouche, which highlights the chef's modern Japanese cuisine.
- 952 W Lake St, (entrance on Morgan St)
The West Town restaurant is hosting a Valentine's Day four-course Hearts Dinner featuring bison, lamb, chicken, veal and duck hearts.
- 1072 N Milwaukee Ave, (between Noble and Thomas Sts)
Spice up your night and try the chef's grilled chicken heart smothered in hot sauce and green onions.
- 954 W Fulton Mkt
Add some heart to your night by sampling beef heart anticuchos before indulging in other Peruvian dishes.
- 3856 N Ashland Ave, (at Byron St)
Gene Kato's Japanese jidori chicken hearts are the best way to start your love-filled dinner at this River North joint.
- 702 N Wells St, (between Huron and Superior Sts)
You might also like
- Dish names we don't want to say out loud
- Cheap eats in Logan Square
- 16 places to get a beer while you're working
- Road trips for food-lovers: Louisville
- Beer gardens, rooftop bars and outdoor dining spots in Chicago
- Best Chicago restaurants: Our picks for every cuisine
- Knife & Tine
- 53 new patios, rooftop bars and outdoor spaces
- The 5 best gluten-free pizzas in Chicago
- 5 unexpected spots for waterfront dining in Chicago