If you are going to the Gay Games in Cleveland/Akron - check out the Hawthorn Suites/Akron/Fairlawn - close to all events in Akron!
Pride Parade and more gay events for Chicago Pride month 2014
The Pride Parade through Boystown is just the capstone to a month full of gay events. Here's your guide to June's gay fests, LGBT-friendly shows and more.
Tue Jun 3 2014
Photograph: Ellie Pritts
The 45th annual Chicago Pride Parade is only the culmination of a busy Pride Month full of gay celebrations—and with June marking the advent of full marriage equality across Illinois, there's much to celebrate. Pride Fest kicks off a weeklong buildup in Boystown with performances by Jennifer Hudson and Betty Who, while events like the Dyke March and Back Lot Bash offer Pride weekend partying in alternative gayborhoods (Humboldt Park and Andersonville, respectively). But those are just the major events—June offers a wealth of gay-oriented and LGBT-friendly shows, parties, readings and more. Plus, the big question: Where to go for brunch (or Bloody Marys) the day of the parade? Find all your answers, and a look back at last year's festivities, right here.
RECOMMENDED: All LGBT events in June
The 45th annual Pride Parade, Pride Fest, Dyke March and more
When you're ready to escape the rainbow, head to these establishments just far enough away.
The best eats for the big day.
Get ready to celebrate with our list of gay anthems to stir the heart and move the hips.
Morrissey, Tegan & Sara and Queen in the same week? That can't be a coincidence.
Gay and gay-friendly plays and comedy shows abound this June
Boystown is the center of the gay scene in Chicago. But great gay bars can be found everywhere from downtown to Uptown.
The best gay nightlife isn't necessarily found at gay bars. These queer-friendly regular nights are where the party's at.
Congrats, you're engaged! We've found 10 special items made especially for a same-sex wedding
Soak up the city’s queer history while taking in the new Legacy Project.
Photos of the floats and faces in the crowd.
Check out fest-goers and some sassy drag queens.
You might also like
How does a postgay guy fit in at Pride celebrations? He doesn’t.
On the West Side, a queer scene explodes.
Summer is finally here! Check out the best festivals, concerts and more things to do in the summer in Chicago to make the most of every minute.
Start enjoying summer at these top Chicago festivals, with plenty of barbecue, tunes and culture for the whole family
- Top 10 dance clubs
- Our favorite looks at Pitchfork Music Festival
- Overrated/Underrated Chicago: music
- Final thoughts on Lollapalooza 2014
- Riot Fest 2014 street style
- Riot Fest 2014 Saturday faces in the crowd
- Soho House
- 5 things you should know about the new iO
- The 10 best feminist songs playlist
- Navy Pier
- Ultimate Pride playlist: The 50 best gay songs
- The real headliners of Lollapalooza 2014
- The 45 sexiest album covers of all time
- The 41 greatest Chicago albums of all time
- What will be the song of summer?
- The 7 worst Lollapalooza 2014 schedule conflicts
- 10 best Lollapalooza acts you might not know
- 10 sets to see at Lollapalooza 2014
- 11 must-see acts at Pitchfork Music Festival 2014
- Iggy Azalea at House of Blues photos
- The 50 best songs from ’80s movies
- The 50 best drinking songs
- The 50 best breakup songs
- The 50 best love songs ever made