Beck, Kendrick Lamar to headline Pitchfork Music Festival 2014
The two L.A. acts will hit Union Park with Neutral Milk Hotel, Grimes, Giorgio Moroder, Pusha T and more
Fri Feb 14 2014
Photograph: Peter Hapak
Today, Pitchfork Music Festival announced its 2014 headliners and more acts that will appear in Union Park, July 18–20. Beck, Kendrick Lamar and Neutral Milk Hotel top the bill.
When I did my Lollapalooza predictions, I said Beck was a toss-up, noting he was just as likely to be the top draw at Pitchfork. Indeed, the 43-year-old will bring his stellar Morning Phase to the summer stage. While the new record has some incredible tunes (read my rankings of the best and worst songs from Morning Phase), it's super, super mellow. Let's hope he teaches a new generation his "Sexx Laws," too.
Neutral Milk Hotel, who typically do not allow photography at their gigs, will not escape our lenses this time.
Other acts slated to appear are Grimes, the reunited shoegaze act Slowdive, disco pioneer Giorgio Moroder, Pusha T and Sony Records troll Death Grips.
Tune-Yards, Sun Kill Moon, Sharon Van Etten, DIIV, Factory Floor, Wild Beasts, the Julie Ruin, Haxan Cloak, Circulatory System (more Elephant 6 for Neutral Milk junkies), Mas Ysa, the Range (sorry, Bruce Hornsby could not make it) and Ka were also announced. Commence your googling.
Tickets are on sale now. Three-day passes are $130, single-day entry costs $60.
You might also like
- Top 10 dance clubs
- New Year's Eve concerts
- Concerts in Chicago in November
- Navy Pier
- Green Mill Cocktail Lounge
- The 9 best blues music clubs in Chicago
- The Second City's Holidazed and Confused Revue
- Holiday and Christmas concerts
- Concerts in Chicago in December
- Concerts in Chicago: Your month-by-month live music calendar
- The 20 best Thanksgiving songs
- The 30 most heart-pounding running songs
- The rebirth of Chicago house music
- The 20 best house tracks ever
- The best albums of 2014 so far
- The 45 sexiest album covers of all time
- The 41 greatest Chicago albums of all time
- The 50 best workout songs
- The 50 best drinking songs
- The 50 best gay songs
- The 50 best songs from ’80s movies
- The 50 best breakup songs
- The 50 best love songs ever made