Things to do in the Chicago Loop
Explore the heart of downtown Chicago with our guide to the best restaurants, attractions, hotels, things to do and theater in the Chicago Loop
Fri Nov 21 2014
The Loop is not just for business people and tourists. Everyone knows about the Chicago River, Lollapalooza, the Art Institute and Willis Tower (we're still prone to calling it Sears Tower; sorry, Willis!). But downtown Chicago offers many more things to do—museums, tours and attractions on the lesser beaten path. With DePaul University, Columbia College and SAIC, there are plenty of events catering to students. Sing along to a musical in the Chicago theater district. Step into a classic jazz club and see some of the top concerts in Chicago. Heck, there are even farmers' markets in the shadows of skycrapers.
Top attractions in the Chicago Loop
Explore more of the Chicago Loop
There are more options than you think.
Explore the Chicago Loop by boat, bike, Segway and more.
Get places on a cheap rental bike.
Get the lowdown on which beaches, rooftop bars and skyscrapers give you the best views.
You might also like
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- Fun Christmas activities for kids in Chicago
- Things to do in Chicago today
- The best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- Thanksgiving events in Chicago
- Sticky-note confessions: Chicagoans share the weirdest places they've had sex
- Christmas events in Chicago
- November 2014 events calendar for Chicago
- New Year's Eve events in Chicago
- Things to do in Chicago this winter: Best 2013-2014 activities