|Venue name:||Reel Cinema Burnley||Contact:|
Centenary Way, Manchester Road
|Transport:||Rail: Burnley Manchester Road|
|Do you own this business?|
- For impeccably crafted tearjerkers, leave yourself in the capable hands of Pixar. For something a few notches darker – like this dazzling animated movie inspired by ed on a Japanese fable of devotion and bravery – the wildly inventive stop-motion ...Read more
- What to watch this summer if you’re too scared to make it past episode two of ‘Stranger Things’? The answer is Disney’s ‘Pete’s Dragon’, about an orphaned boy who lives in the forest with his pet dragon (it’s remake of a 1977 film). With ‘Pete’s D...Read more
- While 'Finding Dory' is crammed with the kind of visual pleasures we’ve come to expect from Pixar, the story doesn’t always reach the heights of invention upon which the animation giant has built its reputation. The film lacks the psychological pr...Read more
- A little orphan girl is snatched from her bed late at night by a big-hearted vegetarian giant and whisked off to an unwelcoming land of over-sized cannibals in Roald Dahl's much-cherished 1982 book 'The BFG'. For this movie version, aimed squarely...Read more
- Clever old Bridget. There’s been a hell of a lot criticism of her for crimes against feminism. But here she is, triumphantly returning in her forties, less of a twit, funnier, wittier, and – perhaps most importantly – happier with herself. And unl...Read more
- Bad Moms is by the dudes who wrote The Hangover, Jon Lucas and Scott Moore. This time around, they take their brand of fratboy comedy and apply it to frazzled young mums Amy, Carla and Kiki (Mila Kunis, Kathryn Hahn and Kristen Bell), who live in ...Read more
- If there is any film whose lightning would seem impossible to recapture in a bottle, it’s ‘The Blair Witch Project’. The shaky-cam, DIY-ish, you-are-there techniques that made the 1999 horror so frightening and immediate have passed into cliché. ...Read more
Average User Rating
1.9 / 5
- 5 star:1
- 4 star:0
- 3 star:1
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:5
it's a "REEL" shame , Burnley's flagship cinema is now a flea pit ,the once pristeen lobby and directors bar is now a scruffy, neglected bombsight , the toilets are eywateringly smelly,the picture quality is poor because of the filthy optical path between the projector and auditorium which has dirty floors and torn seating and to top it all the extortionate pricing.
I left my 3 year olds coat in the Cinema and was told they wouldn't go back in to retrieve it for me even though I knew where we were sat. Very abrupt customer service - I had planned to take my son to an outdoor park with his friend, but instead went home ( I am not from Burnley) and had to wait for the phone call to travel back to collect it. There excuse was they didn't want to disturb paying customers....Other people entered the cinema late and went to the toilet during the film, so I have no idea what the difference is. Never ever will I return and I have passed on the info to others.....This will probably be another unit up to let in the near future anyway. I would recommend a customer service course before they interview for new jobs.
Twice in the last six months I have had to leave the film(once with another person from the audience who wanted to complain about the same thing as me)to find the manager to let him know that the 3D movie was not showing the3D. The first time this happened the film was corrected but only after my 2nd visit to the staff. The 2nd time this happened I had to leave the film to complain 3 TIMES and the 3D was not put on at all and no partial refund given,the managers excuse for the 3D not being on was that it only showed "depth". Alot of people could be heard complaining amongst themselves but being the reserved British not many like to complain. On my last visit a few weeks ago on a sunday afternoon I found the car parking area being used like a playground for unsupervised children playing football and zooming around between cars on toy scooters,therefore putting customers cars at risk. I also find on occasions Burnley cinema has a cold breeze from the air conditioning making it terribly cold while watching the film. When it was appollo cinema it was alot better I never had to complain then. Am going out of town to another cinema for next film I see!! Julie Goring
My friend was very upset;went to watch a film at this cinema and because of a tech fault with the film; was not able to; the manager refused to give her and her boyfriend a refund??? You have just my custom for life!!! Hope they sue.
The staff at the Cinema are world class and the people below probably don't know what they are talking about. It's one of the best Cinemas's in Lancashire
Went to watch Iron Man 3D- disappointing experience overall; compared to other cinema's this one was more expensive, the lobby was scruffy and the room that the movie in was absolutely freezing, with a cold breeze the whole way through the movie. They also neglected to turn off the lights overhead at the back of the room, so we all had to try to see the movie through the orange glare on our 3D glasses. There was also not enough lighting to see the stairs and exits properly at the end. Also, despite it being a Saturday night they only had about 2 people on the counter, so there was a queue of about 20 people at least just as the movie was about to start. I doubt I will be using this cinema in the future, despite it being the closest one to me