It's all about modern interpretations of traditional Indian dishes at this attractive Indian restaurant in Croydon. Decor and presentation mark it out as a step above your typical curry house, too.
A la carte options such as crayfish salad with Mumbai onion, pepper, avocado, coconut and lemon juice, salmon and cod pakora, and a Keralan alappuzha fish curry with salmon, ginger, cocum, coconut and curry leaves are served alongside tasting menus - available with matching wines, too.
Indian Sunday brunches also prove popular, with oothappam pancakes, Indian omelettes and egg bhurji alongside chicken tikka, roasted leg of lamb Hyderabad Nawab style, tandoori paneer and dhahi wada - black gram dumplings in yoghurt, mustard and cumin. You can team it all with Champagne, should you wish.
Our chef has opened Karnavar in Croydon with the concept of offering creative twists on traditional Indian cuisine. Get ready for the treat with your family and friends for a remarkable dining experience.
Since opening April 2014, Karnavar received couple of awards and achievements.
- Shortlisted for UK menu of the year (2015 Catey Awards - Caterer Magazine)
- Best British newcomer of the year (2015 Biba Awards)
- Listed as one of the top ten UK Indian restaurants in 2014 (Trip Advisor)
- Shortlisted for the 2014 newcomer of the year at the British Curry Awards
- Diners' Choice winner for best Indian restaurant in London (Open Table, Oct 2014 to April 2015)
One of the top three restaurants in Croydon (Trip Advisor ratings based on 287 restaurants, April 2015). Plus we were listed under the top 10 restaurants in Greater London (Trip Advisor ratings based on 3104 restaurants, April 2015).
Karnavar signature menus:
1. Seven-course tasting menu with wine pairing, £45.
2. Five-course tasting menu with wine pairing, £35.
3. Indian roast Champagne Sunday brunch, £25.
4. Early bird menu (between 6pm and 7pm), £14.95.
5. Lunch set menu, £9.80.