A perennial favourite with those working in the West End due to low membership rates, a large cardio theatre, a functional training zone, free weights room, cycle studio and up-to-date resistance training equipment. It isn't glamorous but that's not the point here; Central YMCA provides every possible type of workout and activity from boxing to bellydancing, taught to a very high standard (YMCA Fitness Industry Training is an industry leader and many of its graduates instruct here). A good 25-metre pool is divided for lane swimming; there's also a chapel, therapies and a decent café to boot.
|Venue name:||Central YMCA||Contact:|
112 Great Russell St
|Transport:||Tube: Tottenham Ct Rd|
|Do you own this business?|
Average User Rating
4.4 / 5
- 5 star:4
- 4 star:2
- 3 star:1
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:0
Best gym in the center of the town.. Just a couple of minutes walking distance from the station.. Very big badminton area, swimming pool..
- Central location 2 minutes from Tottenham Court Road station
- Huge Area
- Good Free weights section
- Lots of classes to choose from
- Lots of variety in cardio machines
- 25 metre swimming pool
- Unisex Steam and Sauna rooms close to the swimming pool
- The gym is split over several floors and each have a water fountain.
- There is a large central floor space at the bottom floor for group classes
- There are many different studio room dedicated for exercise bikes, yoga, dance, barre classes etc
- Too crowded at times
- The reception area is always crowded as they have to deal with too many people
- Just 3 toilet rooms in the mens changing area and they are heavily used. With cheap toilet tissues
- The shower rooms are great, but however the partitions separating the cubicles are not low enough you may get splashed by the water/soap from near by shower cubicle
- There is a children’s changing area, but it gets frequently occupied by adults.
- There is no internet in the gym and since the gym is mostly located in the basement of the building we don’t get mobile signals on the lower two floors.
Timi Horvath is one of the most amazing personal trainers in London and is based in Central YMCA. She also does circuit classes at YMCA.
Check her website www.timitraining.com
Accepts Time Out Card
£10 for a one week gym pass
Please bring your Time Out Card with you to the Central YMCA to redeem this offer. This offer is valid for one discount per card.This offer can be redeemed between 7am and 10pm. Don’t have a Time Out Card? Get yours here.