Time Out New York is currently seeking a Production Coordinator to support the print production department who is a positive and clear communicator, with strong problem solving, information management and organizational skills. This position requires exceptional attention to details and the ability to handle multiple tasks under rigorous deadlines. This is a great growth opportunity for a stellar individual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Handle all aspects of production and schedules from initial stage to distribution for Time Out NY, Time Out Kids, Brand Solution and Annual guides.
● Check InDesign layouts, place ads into layouts, and transmit materials to the printer.
● Map publications using Journal Designer software
● Negotiate Advertising and Editorial space.
● Maintain a running list of advertisers using Ad Desk web-submission software
● Proofread ads for grammar, spelling and copy flow.
● Ensure all advertising material are received and produced by weekly deadlines.
● Confirm that all ads are in accordance with TONY’s print specifications.
● Anticipate and resolve ad-related, quality and production issues.
● Check proofs for quality and request necessary color corrections.
● Work with Production Director on vendor relations including paper purchasing, estimating, printing quotes and supplies etc.
● Liaison between the sales department and Art/Editorial/Finance departments.
● Previous magazine and insert printing experience (preferably 3-4 years).
● Experience manipulating multi-page layouts in InDesign.
● Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Journal Designer and AdDesk.
● Knowledge of manufacturing and paper.
● Experience with on-sight press OKs.
● Team Player. Must be able to effectively interact with several different departments while disseminating important information.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should forward cover letter, resume, AND salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time Out New York Synopsis:
Time Out New York is a comprehensive arts and entertainment multiplatform media business, delivering engaging features, local listings and critical reviews to active and informed residents and visitors of New York City. Sometimes irreverent but always intelligent, Time Out New York provides passionate coverage of music, film, theater, dance, shopping, dining and more. Time Out New York is part of Time Out Group, the global media business delivering local information and cultural guidance in 35 cities across 24 countries and encompassing a worldwide audience of more than 17 million.