In this week's issue of Time Out New York, we bow to indie-pop queen St. Vincent
Any girl who's as candid about her love of moshing as she is about her affinity for The Bachelor is one we want to know. Our sit-down with said New Yorker—pop artist St. Vincent—didn't disappoint. In this week's Time Out New York, the singer (born Annie Clark) chatted about everything from her electric performance at St. Vitus to going to church with her mom. Her favorite local haunts (Dover Street, La Mama, The Ear Inn and Tokio 7) slipped into the convo, too. Consider our girl-crush full blown.
This week we also check-in with serial performer/writer/director James Franco—fresh from his Of Mice and Men Broadway run—and make a case for the NYC staycation (this city boasts lobster rolls, spas and surf lessons… why leave?). Plus: where to score the coolest sneakers, find fois gras on a stick and catch the most fascinating photo exhibits going on right now. It may be nearly August, but summer is still going strong, New Yorkers—we'll help you make the best of it.
- What Off Broadway shows should Thirteen bring to PBS viewers’ living rooms?
- Head to SEE Eyewear's new Boerum Hill store for treats, drinks and swag
- Score free mac and cheese from Stouffer's tomorrow
- Interview: Debut novelist Chloe Krug Benjamin on lucid dreaming and NOT writing a love story
- Which New Years Eve show are you? Elton John and Jack U visit NYC