|Venue name:||Cinemart Cinemas|
106-03 Metropolitan Ave.
- You already know J.K. Simmons’s ferocious jazz teacher in the electrifying Whiplash if you’ve seen Full Metal Jacket, Battle Royale or Grizzly Man (he’d be the grizzly). Clad fully in black, biceps bulging, Simmons’s Fletcher exudes downtown attit...Read more
- Hidden codes, secret meanings and mixed messages pulse through the reliable, old-fashioned, buzzing copper wires of true-life period drama The Imitation Game. Snappy and not too solemn, but perhaps not as much of a psychological puzzle as it could...Read more
- There’s a brilliant gag at the beginning of this spin-off from the zoological Madagascar animated franchise, one that follows the penguin characters Skipper, Kowalski, Rico and Private. The instantly recognizable voice of Teutonic-toned Werner Her...Read more
- At its best (which is often), director James Marsh’s affecting biopic of the cosmos-rattling astrophysicist Stephen Hawking plays deftly against schmaltz. Hawking, a great wit, has always seen the dark humor in his bodily predicament, the ALS-like...Read more
- For the past few years, Disney has been redefining its house style on dual tracks: the conscientious princess play of Tangled and Frozen alongside the Comic-Con sensibility of movies like Wreck-It Ralph and now this one. Big Hero 6 has been adapte...Read more
- Just as only Nixon could go to China, only Clint Eastwood could make a movie about an Iraq War veteran and infuse it with doubts, mission anxiety and ruination. American Sniper is a superbly subtle critique made by an especially young 84-year-old....Read more