Founded in 1888 by Edwin Booth, Mark Twain and General William Tecumseh Sherman (among other notables), the Players Club sits in a Greek Revival townhouse overlooking Gramercy Park. It's basically an old-style gentlemen's club (though, needless to say, women are welcome nowadays) and is one of those eccentric curiosities that become rarer by the day in NYC. Many events are open to members and their guests only.
The Players Club
|Venue name:||The Players Club||Contact:|
16 Gramercy Park South
|Cross street:||between Park Ave South and Irving Pl|
|Transport:||Subway: N, R, 6 to 23rd St|