As Singapore’s leading arts and entertainment magazine, Time Out Singapore provides a fresh perspective on the island’s culture and lifestyle. Authoritative listings, engaging features and critical, independent reviews make us a trusted source for young, active locals, who don't merely read the magazine, but use it.
Time Out is edited and written entirely by a passionate, in-the-know staff of local experts in their respective fields. Our editorial staff scours the city each month for the inside scoop on what our readers want to see and do. The result: the most up-to-date listings source in the city.
As a rapidly growing company, we are looking for talented leaders to join our team. Candidates should be experts with in-depth knowledge of their fields. No phone calls please. Time Out Singapore is published by Mongoose, with offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai and New York.
WEB EDITOR, TIME OUT SINGAPORE
Closing date: June 19
We're looking for a digital editor to join timeoutsingapore.com. You will be expected to work collaboratively with the existing Time Out digital and print teams. You should have extensive skills in both editing a website and managing social media platforms.
Main duties and responsibilities
- You will be expected to appreciate and execute the ‘house style’ of Time Out, for which training will be provided.
- Editing the website daily; publishing listings, news, features and multimedia. - - Generating web-only content, finding compelling ways to ensure timeoutsingapore.com is the destination website for entertainment, listings and events in Singapore.
- Responsible for the online publication of Time Out Singapore’s monthly magazine, annual guide and any associated print products.
- Executing social media platform updates; helping to grow audience and reach using the Time Out ‘voice’.
- You will manage an Editorial Assistant, who will assist in the performance of your overall duties.
- Liaising with Marketing and Sales teams to coordinate contests, sales, events and marketing opportunities.
- Generating ideas and monitoring a range of media sources to develop and extend Time Out Singapore’s coverage in innovative ways online.
- Acting as the brand ambassador, as required, at public events.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, any field.
- Excellent command of the English language with good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to deliver high quality work on time and work under pressure.
- You should be well organised, a good multi-tasker and tenacious in character.
- Interest in and knowledge of the local entertainment scene is highly advantageous, so is knowledge and/or experience in digital media.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a related field is required for this position.
To apply, please send your CV, a cover letter that includes a brief explanation of why you're interested in working with Time Out and your current salary details to: email@example.com.
Time Out Singapore is looking for interns! Both our editorial and digital media internships offer the opportunity to be part of our passionate and experienced in-house team and get plenty of hands-on knowledge learning about all aspects of what it takes to put an award-winning magazine on the stands.
Interns will do a lot of information gathering around town, assisting our writers and editors to research stories and discover new and exciting events across the city. Those who suggest story ideas and prove they have the ability to execute them will be given ample opportunities to write and receive bylines in the magazine.
Preference is given to interns who can commit to a three-month, full-time internship (three full print cycles), which will allow for proper time to learn the ropes at all stages of the magazine and website production cycles and finish up with some time spent in-house under the guidance of our editorial team and working on pieces independently. The position is unpaid, but expenses are covered.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter that includes a brief explanation of why you're interested in Time Out and also indicate your availability and areas of interest (Art, Music, Food, DJs, Theatre, etc) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We thank all applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.