Not The Wednesday Improv Jam Advanced Workshop With Lindsay Hailey

0 Love It
Save it
Not The Wednesday Improv Jam   Advanced Workshop With Lindsay Hailey

The content on this page is provided by a Time Out partner.

Instead of the Jam this week, we’re excited to have Lyndsay Hailey in Austin to teach an advanced improv workshop. She’s a veteran of Second City, and teaches at both iO and iO West. She’s teaching a single 3-hour workshop, and that’s it! Read on for more information. http://www.hideouttheatre.com/austin-improv-classes/advancedworkshopwithlindsayhailey ADVANCED WORKSHOP Not for the faint of heart, this workshop incorporates energy work, yogic breathing techniques, and Meisner Technique to create the deepest improvisation environment you’ve ever experienced. Go inside and “touch your blocks” become aware of what it is in you that is holding you back from complete and utter freedom on stage…and remove it! $50 per person/3 hour workshop/Limited Space “Lyndsay was one of my instructors at the Intensive and I can’t say enough about how smart, perceptive, funny, kind, insightful, and amazing she was to have. Truly one of the most influential instructors I’ve had in improv.” -Allison Asher About Lyndsay Hailey - Lyndsay has performed and taught improv comedy all over the world. Trained in Chicago, a vet of iO and The Second City, Lyndsay has produced, directed and performed a number of improvisation and sketch shows nationally and internationally including: 30% Chance of Hailey, 40% Chance of Hailey, and The Lyndsay Hailey Variety Hour. The Chicago Reader named 30% Chance of Hailey Critic’s Choice, calling the show “one of the best, most inventive solo productions in years.” Lyndsay is an alumnus of The Second City National Touring Company. She currently teaches all levels at iO and iO West, and owns her own production company, Chance of Hailey Productions. Check out Lyndsay’s website www.chanceofhailey.com or her YouTube channel www.youtube.com/chanceofhailey. “This workshop is all about connection with other players on a guttural level. I really feel like every emotional choice I make now is because of the dynamic happening onstage amongst everyone, instead of just my whatever is in my brain.” -Melissa Patterson http://www.hideouttheatre.com/austin-improv-classes/advancedworkshopwithlindsayhailey
Event website: https://www.facebook.com/1388302921486446
To improve this listing email: feedback@timeout.com