Logan Square residents tell us their favorite neighborhood spots
Nobody knows a neighborhood better than its residents, so we went straight to the source and got the scoop on the area's most beloved spots
Tue Jul 29 2014
Photograph: Wendell Remington
Our editors had plenty of favorites amongst Logan Square's restaurants, bars and attractions, but we wanted to hear what residents had to say about their neighborhood haunts. We reached out to aldermen, chefs and other notable Logan Square locals and asked them to provide us with a list of their favorite things in the 'hood they call home.
RECOMMENDED: Our complete Logan Square guide
Jared Van CampChef, Nellcôte and Old Town Social
"Lula Cafe is my favorite place in Logan. It's the best neighborhood restaurant in America."
Sandra DelgadoActor, writer and producer
"I'm in love with Brown Sack's corned beef, made in house. They have great shakes too."
Jason HammelCo-owner and chef, Lula Cafe and Nightwood
"Have a beer at Whirlaway Lounge. [Owner] Maria never forgets a face."
Kate HamiltonFounder and publisher, LoganSquarist
"One of my favorite things about Logan is the vast diversity of its residents."
Kate Hamilton's top eight
- The boulevards
- Gluten free dining at Cafe Con Leche, Brown Sack and L'Patron
- Cocktails at Parson's Chicken & Fish and Paladar
- Beer at Revolution Brewing
- The diversity of the neighborhood
- Small businesses like Shop 1021 and Fleur
- Galleries like Beauty and Brawn Art Gallery, Comfort Station and Gallerie F
- Art organizations like I Am Logan Square, the South Logan Arts Coalition and AnySquared
Mickey NeelyChef, Scofflaw
"I was kind of mad the first time I walked into Cellar Door Provisions because it's my dream restaurant."
Zach LongAssociate editor, Time Out Chicago
"Forget about deep dish. I'd rather grab a slice (or two) at Dante's Pizzeria."
You might also like
- Chicago attractions: The 25 best sights and attractions in Chicago
- Fun Christmas activities for kids in Chicago
- Thanksgiving events in Chicago
- Things to do in Chicago today
- The best things to do this weekend in Chicago
- Sticky-note confessions: Chicagoans share the weirdest places they've had sex
- Christmas events in Chicago
- New Year's Eve events in Chicago
- The 10 best things to do during the holidays in Chicago
- November 2014 events calendar for Chicago