I had reserved a table for 10 for Sunday lunch one month before the date since it was to be a very special occasion. The whole party arrived at 2 pm and all orders were taken by 2. 30 pm. Unfortunately the experience was not a good one, poor service and food. Be careful going as a large group!
There were 5 main problems with our experience:
1. The food arrived 1.5hours after our orders were taken! At 4pm!
2. Only NINE of us actually received our meals at 4pm...the other one waited an extra 15 minutes, only to be told his order had run out and then was given an overcooked small piece of lamb which seemed to be re-used from beforehand. We then saw this same dish being offered to another lady on a different table, who also refused to accept it.
3. From the nine who received their meals, 7 ordered meat dishes with according to the menu should be served with Yorkshire puddings. 3 of the plates were missing ingredients! Only 4 the plates arrived with Yorkshire puddings! When we asked, we were told that there were no more left so they decided to give the Yorkshire puddings to only half of us and leave the other half of the plates empty with just the meat and some vegetables!
4. The sauce did not arrive with the food, we waited more for this and the meat was not of the expected quality not the full rib eye steak expected, very small pieces.
5. On complaining, the manager response was not very hospitable at all, not understanding and not willing to accept the errors made!
Of course we received some discount off our meal but this does not make up for ruining a special family occasion for which we had higher expectations from such a good reviewed and expensive restaurant. We will not be going there again which is a shame because the location and atmosphere is otherwise very nice.