Gigi's is a smart new Mayfair venue for Italian food with plenty of modern twists, most coming from the direction of the renowned chef Ivan Simeoli. That combined orientation means that alongside a classic starter of vitello tonnato (cold sliced veal with tuna sauce) you might find golden and red beetroot served with buffalo mozzarella and a signature dish of sea bass tartare and langoustine, served with honey and lemon caramel.
Among the fish dishes is a traditional fritto misto and pasta dishes include an equally traditional linguine with bottarga (dried, salted fish roe) with lemon, chives and celery. Meat dishes include braised veal cheek, one of Italy’s most famous dishes, but also innovative creations such as a ‘Trilogy’ of lamb (rack, loin and a braised roll), served with celeriac purée. The dessert list is a mixture of own-made sorbets and classic Italians like tiramisu and pastiera, the famous Neapolitan ricotta cake.
In addition to its numerous Italian wines, Gigi's list has a larger selection of bottles from France and the new world than you'll find in most Italian restaurants in London. There are classic and original cocktails (with numerous variants of the Martini) and a notable selection of liqueurs. You can head outside to the terrace on days or evenings when the weather is fine, and there's a live DJ from Thursday to Saturday nights.
Complimentary bottle of prosecco with seafood platter for two, at £48 including lobster, Cornish crab, rock oysters, king prawns, clams and mussels valid until 31st May 2015, Mon- Sat 12noon- 11pm.
Lunch set menu
2 course at £19 per person.
3 course at £24 per person.
Signature 62 degree egg
Hand picked cornish crab salad with artichokes
Lobster linguine, basil samphire
Ravioli, amalfi lemon and buffalo ricotta
Corn fed chicken with aubergine caponata
Lunch tasting menu by chef, Ivan Simeoli.
- Trompette mushroom broth, fregola, poached egg yolk
- Pumpkin soufflé, pecorino cheese, black truffle
- Baked beetroot, buttermilk, pistachio crumble
- Roasted octopus, borlotti beans, flamed onion broth
- Salt-baked roots, chives, buffalo burrata
- Roasted Suffolk pork belly, malt
- Ravioli, amalfi lemon, buffalo ricotta
- Risotto, courgette flower, beetroot
- Squid ink tagliatelle, chilli, cuttlefish
- Pappardelle zafferano, ossobuco
- Miso marinated cod, kale, sea lettuce
- White park beef tartare, crispy baby onion
- Homemade sorbets (apple, orange, lemon)