Chinatown guide: The best of the neighborhood
Discover the vibrant Chinatown in downtown LA with our guide to the best dim sum, Chinese restaurants, grocery stores, things to do, and attractions in Chinatown.
Wed Aug 14 2013
Photograph: Jakob N. Layman
Chinatown in Los Angeles is way more than a destination for Chinese food and culture. Yes, there are great restaurants serving some of the region's tastiest dim sum (don't worry, we love you too, San Gabriel Valley), but there are also grocery stores that stock those hard-to-find ingredients, things to do year-round, shopping, cultural events and festivals, and an arts scene that's abuzz. Discover the best of Chinatown with the help of our guide the next time you're close to downtown—or when shu mai cravings strike.
You might also like
- 20 great things to do in Los Angeles for tourists
- Things to do in Los Angeles today
- Things to do in Los Angeles: 25 weird and fun ways to explore LA
- 67 things you'll never hear an Angeleno say
- The 7 reasons why September in LA kicks ass
- 101 things to do in Los Angeles
- September 2014 events calendar for Los Angeles
- Free things to do in LA: Your guide to free entertainment
- Your perfect LA weekend
- Stars in Los Angeles: Celebrity hangouts