Chinatown guide: The best of the neighborhood
Discover the vibrant Chinatown in downtown LA with our guide to the best dim sum, Chinese restaurants, grocery stores, things to do, and attractions in Chinatown.
Wed Aug 14 2013
Photograph: Jakob N. Layman
Chinatown in Los Angeles is way more than a destination for Chinese food and culture. Yes, there are great restaurants serving some of the region's tastiest dim sum (don't worry, we love you too, San Gabriel Valley), but there are also grocery stores that stock those hard-to-find ingredients, things to do year-round, shopping, cultural events and festivals, and an arts scene that's abuzz. Discover the best of Chinatown with the help of our guide the next time you're close to downtown—or when shu mai cravings strike.
You might also like
- 20 great things to do in Los Angeles for tourists
- 67 things you'll never hear an Angeleno say
- The best haunted houses and attractions in Los Angeles
- 24 things that definitely happen to you when you move to LA
- Haunted places in LA: Get spooked at 13 real haunted spots
- 31 reasons LA kicks New York's ass
- Things to do in Los Angeles: 25 weird and fun ways to explore LA
- October 2014 events calendar for Los Angeles
- You know you grew up in Los Angeles when...
- Things to do in Los Angeles today