Theater & Performance
Bargain drama: Broadway Week offers two-for-one deals on our favorite shows
Photograph: Michael Brosilow
Restaurant Week is over today (burp!) but that doesn’t mean an end to sweet deals for your nights out. Next week NYC & Company (the city’s official organization for tourism) will kick off Broadway Week. You can buy two-for-one tickets to 21 Broadway shows, performances September 1-14. The program was launched three years ago and to date has sold nearly half a million tickets.
You actually have a lot of great options, from long-running behemoths (The Lion King, Wicked), great new shows (A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder, Matilda) and new shows now in previews (This Is Our Youth, You Can’t Take It With You).
Tickets go on sale 10:30am. Bookmark the page and get shopping Monday.
- The surprises and snubs of the 2015 Michelin stars
- Kennaland Salon Offers Half Priced Cuts for Gingers
- German techno fest Time Warp announces the lineup for its NYC debut
- The Godfather will screen with a live orchestral score
- The bar at Andaz 5th Avenue teaches you how to mix Broadway-themed cocktails