Theater & Performance
Bargain drama: Broadway Week offers two-for-one deals on our favorite shows
Photograph: Michael Brosilow
Restaurant Week is over today (burp!) but that doesn’t mean an end to sweet deals for your nights out. Next week NYC & Company (the city’s official organization for tourism) will kick off Broadway Week. You can buy two-for-one tickets to 21 Broadway shows, performances September 1-14. The program was launched three years ago and to date has sold nearly half a million tickets.
You actually have a lot of great options, from long-running behemoths (The Lion King, Wicked), great new shows (A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder, Matilda) and new shows now in previews (This Is Our Youth, You Can’t Take It With You).
Tickets go on sale 10:30am. Bookmark the page and get shopping Monday.
- The highs and lows of Disney’s Into the Woods
- You can now do some holiday (window) shopping with Google Maps
- Coney Island to host New Year’s Eve party with Parachute Jump ball drop and fireworks
- MoMA to recall the African-American exodus from the Jim Crow South
- Exchange a blanket for free beer at these Brooklyn bars