Food & Drink
Drink beer and watch films about beer in the East Village tonight
Hops-heads unite! At this summer suds event, you can drink beer, talk about beer, watch films about beer—and maybe even live and breathe beer. At tonight's Beer Film Fest, a $15 ticket lets you throw back three complimentary craft pints like Rockaway Brewing Company’s pale ale and Sixpoint’s Righteous Rye while you graze on a buffet of beer bites like charcuterie and cheese from Murray’s and Martin's pretzels.
Film screenings begin at 7pm in the historic Courthouse Theater at Anthology Film Archives and will be followed by an hour of drinking. Flicks range from a Beer Nation-produced mockumentary, dubbed The Craft Brew Bandit, about the "revolution" of craft beer and home brewing to the more serious Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across America, the story of 12 breweries collaborating to not only host festivals across the country but produce a unique, limited-edition 12-pack. Then there's the tale of Beer Heroes, the Happy Hour Guys' documentary featuring "beer-trepreneurs."
It all feels very meta, but hey, good beer is good beer.
- Be Hemingway and run with the bulls, kind of, for charity
- Trade-in old designer wares for Steven Alan's new fall threads
- "We wanted to really take away the main safety net." Time Out's Q&A with Simian Mobile Disco
- LIC's SculptureCenter has expanded and renovated its building
- The Stand Up for Heroes show will feature Louis C.K., John Oliver and Bruce Springsteen