Food & Drink
This vegan cook-off is going balls out on Sunday
The Skint is back with another Vegan Cook-off this weekend at Littlefield and the star of the menu is...balls. Yes, Sunday's showdown—hosted by Brooklyn's own vegan pro wrestler Bobby Phobia, natch—will be a Best Balls Competition, with up to 15 everyday chefs doling out mock meatballs, rice balls, truffles, cake pops, energy balls and more.
After feasting on all the, ahem, balls you can fit in your, er, mouth, place a vote for your favorite contestant, who will walk home with a cash prize of $250. Aspiring ball-makers can read the rules and fill out an entry form to apply, but if you're simply more into checking out some balls, drinking vegan booze and trying your luck in a free raffle, just grab yourself a ticket ($15 advance, $18 at the door).
- The highs and lows of Disney’s Into the Woods
- You can now do some holiday (window) shopping with Google Maps
- Coney Island to host New Year’s Eve party with Parachute Jump ball drop and fireworks
- MoMA to recall the African-American exodus from the Jim Crow South
- Exchange a blanket for free beer at these Brooklyn bars