The Trinitat Vella waterworks were an elevated water system that was Barcelona's primary municipal water supply. Construction began in 1915, and it was fully operational in 1919. The municipal water company was held responsible for the devastating 1914 typhus epidemic, after which drastic water distribution reform was necessary.
The new system was designed by city engineer firm Felipe Steva y Planas in 1915 and was comprised of an extensive network of exterior installations and underground pipelines. It was operational until 1989.
Currently, this facility is in the process of adapting to the busy public visitation schedule organised by MUHBA and the districts of Sant Andreu and Nou Barris.