Both this church and the Französischer Dom were built in 1780-85 by Carl von Gontard for Frederick the Great, in imitation of Santa Maria in Montesanto and Santa Maria dei Miracoli in Rome. The Deutscher Dom was intended for Berlin's Lutheran community. Its neo-classical tower is topped by a 7m (23ft) gilded statue representing Virtue. Inside is a permanent exhibition on the history of Germany's parliamentary system, but there are no English translations.
|Venue name:||Deutscher Dom|
entrance in Markgrafenstrasse
|Opening hours:||Open 10am-10pm Tue; 10am-6pm Wed-Sun. Guided tours 11am, 1pm, 4pm daily|
|Transport:||U2, U6 Stadtmitte|