A solid mix of independent and foreign releases alongside selected mainstream blockbusters and special events
Supposedly one of Quentin Tarantino's favourite cinemas, this century-old picture house favours indie and foreign language releases alongside a handful of the bigger mainstream releases. Also home to the odd special event and a cracking little bar.
- Despite a valiant attempt at editing some excitement into the repetitive spectacle of circuiting Porsches and Ferraris, this self- congratulatory advert for Steve McQueen's driving prowess really feels like it's taking the obligatory 24 hours to u...Read more
- A good twist ending should feel like a jigsaw puzzle deftly assembled from pieces that have been in front of you all along. The ending of ‘The Good Liar’ takes a different approach: namely, lobbing fistfuls of random pieces at you then beating you...Read more
- It was only ten years ago, with 2009’s larky ‘Looking for Eric’, that Ken Loach was able to show us a man delivering letters and parcels whose workplace was a refuge for him – a place of camaraderie and solidarity in an otherwise troubled life. It...Read more
- For those with an appetite for smoke and mirrors, and a soft spot for pranksters, this doc should be a winner. The ingredients are there: a Las Vegas magician on a comeback tour; a debut filmmaker who has an unhealthy obsession with his looming de...Read more
- It’s hard to work out where facts end and the fantasy begins in this charming ballooning adventure set against a sweet version of Victorian London. The historic expedition the movie is all about – an attempt to break the world flight altitude reco...Read more