It’s nearly here! The biggest and best comedy festival in the world: the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Most of London’s stand-up community decamp to Scotland for August. If you’re a comedy fan, it’s the place to be for the summer.
We’ve sifted through the comedy section of the (400-page long) Fringe brochure and chosen, quite frankly, a silly number of recommendations. Of course, we haven’t seen any of these shows yet – some could be terrible – but judging by their previous efforts, circuit work or plain old word-of-mouth, these are the acts we’re most excited about.
P.S. We know what you’re thinking. “47 + 17 + 15 + 13 + 12 + 11 + 11 + 10 + 8 + 6 + 5 + 4 + 4 doesn’t equal 74, it equals 163!” Firstly, good maths skills. Secondly, we know. Almost every show is featured in more than one list, so we have actually chosen 74 in total. Trust us.
You might also like
- 12 newcomers to see at the 2015 Edinburgh Festival Fringe
- Sketch duo The Pajama Men discuss the Edinburgh Festival Fringe... and cuttlefish
- 10 comedians off the telly to see at the 2015 Edinburgh Festival Fringe
- The 15 worst films of 2014
- Four clowning comedy shows to see at the 2015 Edinburgh Festival Fringe