Airlines aren’t getting a good rep at the moment. Summer travel chaos continues as flights get delayed, cancelled and your bags end up God knows where. And now there’s a ranking charting who’s the most behind schedule.
It’s not looking good for those boarding a Wizz Air flight any time soon as the Hungarian airline came out top for the most delays, according to analysis of Civil Aviation Authority data by the PA news agency.
The carrier was found to be behind schedule for its UK departures by an average of 14 minutes and 24 seconds. Next up for lack of punctuality was Tui Airways, which was on average 13 minutes and 18 seconds behind schedule.
PA’s analysis looked at scheduled and chartered departures from UK airports by airlines that offered more than 2,500 flights, excluding cancelled flights.
Earlier in the year, PA looked at the worst airport for flight delays and found Birmingham airport to be the worst. Sad news if you’re boarding a Wizz Air flight from Brum, then.
Here’s the list in full:
1. Wizz Air: 14 minutes and 24 seconds
2. Tui Airways: 13 minutes and 18 seconds
3. British Airways: 12 minutes and 42 seconds
4. Virgin Atlantic: 12 minutes
5. Loganair: 11 minutes and 30 seconds
6. Air France: 11 minutes and 12 seconds
7. Lufthansa: 10 minutes
8. KLM: Eight minutes and 42 seconds
9. Eastern Airways: Seven minutes and 48 seconds
10. Jet2.com: Seven minutes and 42 seconds
11. American Airlines: Seven minutes
12. Ryanair: Six minutes and six seconds
13. EasyJet: Four minutes and 36 seconds
14. Aer Lingus: Three minutes and 12 seconds