Barbican Centre guide
All you need to know about what's happening at London's buzziest theatre, art, film and music venue
- Constructing Worlds review
- The Barbican's greatest hits
- The Barbican: 12 things you didn't know
- Theatre: 'The Wild Duck'
- Coming up at the Barbican
About the Barbican
Opened in 1982, the Barbican Centre is a collection of multi-purpose performing arts venues, housed within an imposingly designed network of brutalist buildings. Recent years have seen the Barbican become one of London’s most important cultural cornerstones, with events like the Rain Room and this summer’s Digital Revolution generating huge interest in London and beyond. Home to the London Symphony Orchestra since it opened, the Barbican also became the London base of the Royal Shakespeare Company in 2013, adding further weight to its reputation as the city’s go-to destination for both highbrow and popular arts. Read on to find out what’s happening at the Barbican right now.
Barbican events by type
Eating and drinking at the Barbican
- Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- Sherlock Holmes
- Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red: Tower of London World War I Centenary Commemoration
- Astronomy Photographer of the Year
- Fantastic Mr Fox
- Here Lies Love
- Constructing Worlds: Photography and Architecture in the Modern Age
- The Book of Mormon
- Matilda the Musical
- Thrill the World London
Subscribe to Time Out London on Spotify for daily playlists and recommendations from our Music team.