Barbican Centre guide
All you need to know about what's happening at London's buzziest theatre, art, film and music venue
- Video: 'Digital Revolution' highlights
- The Barbican's greatest hits
- The Barbican: 12 things you didn't know
- Coming up at the Barbican
- Win a trip to Norway
About the Barbican
Opened in 1982, the Barbican Centre is a collection of multi-purpose performing arts venues, housed within an imposingly designed network of brutalist buildings. Recent years have seen the Barbican become one of London’s most important cultural cornerstones, with events like the Rain Room and this summer’s Digital Revolution generating huge interest in London and beyond. Home to the London Symphony Orchestra since it opened, the Barbican also became the London base of the Royal Shakespeare Company in 2013, adding further weight to its reputation as the city’s go-to destination for both highbrow and popular arts. Read on to find out what’s happening at the Barbican right now.
Barbican events by type
Eating and drinking at the Barbican
- More London Free Festival
- The Boy Who Climbed Out of His Face
- Teatime Wonder Game
- This Morning I Woke Up from the Most Amazing Dream...
- Truth and Memory: British Art of the First World War
- Primrose: Early Colour Photography in Russia
- The Book of Mormon
- Kids Week
- Quentin Blake - Inside Stories
- Gilbert & George: Scapegoating Pictures for London
Subscribe to Time Out London on Spotify for daily playlists and recommendations from our Music team.