Food & Drink
Dine alfresco on Sundays at The Cleveland’s backyard cookouts
Combining communal Sunday suppers with summery backyard barbecues, Max Sussman (Roberta’s) has invited guest chefs—including his brother Eli—to join him for weekly dinners in the backyard garden at The Cleveland. The $25 alfresco dinners kick of this weekend and include an entrée and two sides, plus a glass of beer or wine.
From 6–9pm this Sunday, August 3, Dan Ross of Fritzl’s Lunch Box will partner with Sussman to grill lamb ribs cured in Indonesian long pepper and sugar, smoke eggplant to toss with roasted tomato, cucumber and mint-yogurt salad. The cookout series will continue throughout the month with collaborations between Sussman and Alicia Parter (Pok Pok) on Aug. 10, Brent Young (Meat Hook) on Aug. 17, Nick Subic (King Noodle) on Aug. 24 and Eli Sussman (Mile End Deli) on Aug. 31.
It's unclear whether or not these outdoor dinners will continue into September, so you could test your luck at the door, but we suggest you snatch a ticket in advance.
- The highs and lows of Disney’s Into the Woods
- You can now do some holiday (window) shopping with Google Maps
- Coney Island to host New Year’s Eve party with Parachute Jump ball drop and fireworks
- MoMA to recall the African-American exodus from the Jim Crow South
- Exchange a blanket for free beer at these Brooklyn bars