Food & Drink
Dine alfresco on Sundays at The Cleveland’s backyard cookouts
Combining communal Sunday suppers with summery backyard barbecues, Max Sussman (Roberta’s) has invited guest chefs—including his brother Eli—to join him for weekly dinners in the backyard garden at The Cleveland. The $25 alfresco dinners kick of this weekend and include an entrée and two sides, plus a glass of beer or wine.
From 6–9pm this Sunday, August 3, Dan Ross of Fritzl’s Lunch Box will partner with Sussman to grill lamb ribs cured in Indonesian long pepper and sugar, smoke eggplant to toss with roasted tomato, cucumber and mint-yogurt salad. The cookout series will continue throughout the month with collaborations between Sussman and Alicia Parter (Pok Pok) on Aug. 10, Brent Young (Meat Hook) on Aug. 17, Nick Subic (King Noodle) on Aug. 24 and Eli Sussman (Mile End Deli) on Aug. 31.
It's unclear whether or not these outdoor dinners will continue into September, so you could test your luck at the door, but we suggest you snatch a ticket in advance.
- Jet off to London for the night with Dine Mile High dinner theater
- A series of free workshops in architecture, film, music and gaming kicks off tonight in Chelsea
- Uber will deliver Cole Haan shoes to New Yorkers this week
- Celebrate the ladies of horror films at Nitehawk Cinema's Halloween movie series
- Lily Allen's here for two nights—relive her six most controversial moments