The link to the Harry Potter on the Intrepid is for a schedule for 2013, not 2014. I believe all the Intrepid movies this year are sea, air, and space-themed.. http://www.intrepidmuseum.org/SummerMovieSeries2014.aspx
Harry Potter turns 34 today! Celebrate at one of these Potter-centric events in NYC
Harry Potter’s birthday, which the no-longer-boy wizard shares with author J.K. Rowling, is today. Though fans don’t have another book in the series to look forward to, we do have theme park expansions, the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie (slated for 2016) in the works and, oh yeah, these magical events in NYC! Now is your chance to re-live some of the magic with events for grown-ups featuring wizard rock, sketch comedy and more. Put on your best dress robes, pull up a frosty mug of butterbeer (accio booze, amirite?) and get in on that HP nostalgia, it’s good for you, really!
July 31 Harry Potter and the Birthday Spectacular at Peoples Improv Theater
The event will feature Harry Potter-themed stand-up, improv, sketch comedy, wizard rock and butterbeer. Donning your finest wizard attire is encouraged!
Aug 2 PotterCon at the Bell House
For some serious LARPing (that’s live-action role-playing to you Muggles), head over to the second annual PotterCon where you can take part in a house sorting, Potter trivia, a costume contest, prizes and more.
- Fifty Shades of Grey will debut at the Berlin Film Festival
- Five concerts to see on Christmas (and Christmas Eve!)
- Gilt is offering free same-day delivery in NYC today for last-minute shoppers
- Time’s Square beating-heart installation is unlikely to be still on Valentine’s Day
- Check out these cool slo-mo videos of NYC holiday shopping scenes