Music & Nightlife
Kaleidoscopic mini festival and art party goes down in Bushwick this Saturday
Photograph: Courtesy Something Different
Brooklyn artist collectives Something Different and We Are Raw Process are teaming up to present a mini festival and art party this Saturday, Aug 23 from 6pm to 4am at Lot 45 in Bushwick. The event features all manner of cool happenings, including live performances from erstwhile Rapture bassist/vocalist Mattie Safer and Brooklyn outfit Wild Torus, craft beer tasting by Sierra Nevada Brewing Company (from 6–9pm, don't be late), interactive projection art and live canvas and body painting. Now this is fun: Advance tickets come with free paint brushes, so prepare to express your inner Monet.
DJs Max August, Mykola Smith, Fenbred and Chakana will keep the vibe lively and streetwear brand Emnynt City will be raffling off NYC-inspired garb, so you might even walk out with some new threads. To top it all off, Uber will announce a $25 promo code on the day of the event, so you can ride to the soiree in style. Visit www.somethingdifferentny.com to grab tickets, and start working on those painting skills.
- How to have the best Cider Week ever
- Word on the Street: 14 crazy things we overheard in NYC this week
- Hugh Jackman, Straight White Men and Metropolitan Opera for cheap
- Spend the weekend with your pooch at these pet-friendly events
- This tech gadget could save you from a bad Tinder date with three clicks of your heels