Uber will offer free rides to G Train users
Photograph: Creative Commons/ Flickr User nilspix
The dreaded day has arrived, G Train users. Effective this evening, the G Train service will undergo a five-week suspension until Tuesday, September 2 in order for MTA to repair those Sandy-related damages.
For all you daily commuters who rely on the G Train—and aggressively wave the middle finger after just barely missing it—we sympathize and understand the struGGle is real. But, we aren’t the only ones.
We certainly don’t need another reason to love Uber, but the on-demand cab service just announced a special deal for anyone expressing those G Train woes—and that deal is FREE! To bridge the gap, enter the promo code FREETRANSFER, ride anywhere between the Nassau Ave and Court Sq. stops from July 25 through August 31 and get up to $30 off a ride. The promotion is good for only one transfer, but one day of stress-free commuting is enough to keep your chin up, eh?
If this announcement isn’t enough to make you smile during this difficult time, perhaps a little retail therapy just might. This shirt exists and the creators of the t-shirt pictured want you to express and release some of that G Train pain. Safe travels, folks!
- Check out this free two-day concert in Brooklyn featuring Hunters, Splashh and more
- The New York Dance and Performance Awards are held
- Death of Klinghoffer debrief: What went down at the Metropolitan Opera opening
- Williamsburg music venue Glasslands to close after New Year's Eve
- Depeche Mode: 101 screens tonight—you know it better than you think