Uber will offer free rides to G Train users
Photograph: Creative Commons/ Flickr User nilspix
The dreaded day has arrived, G Train users. Effective this evening, the G Train service will undergo a five-week suspension until Tuesday, September 2 in order for MTA to repair those Sandy-related damages.
For all you daily commuters who rely on the G Train—and aggressively wave the middle finger after just barely missing it—we sympathize and understand the struGGle is real. But, we aren’t the only ones.
We certainly don’t need another reason to love Uber, but the on-demand cab service just announced a special deal for anyone expressing those G Train woes—and that deal is FREE! To bridge the gap, enter the promo code FREETRANSFER, ride anywhere between the Nassau Ave and Court Sq. stops from July 25 through August 31 and get up to $30 off a ride. The promotion is good for only one transfer, but one day of stress-free commuting is enough to keep your chin up, eh?
If this announcement isn’t enough to make you smile during this difficult time, perhaps a little retail therapy just might. This shirt exists and the creators of the t-shirt pictured want you to express and release some of that G Train pain. Safe travels, folks!
- Dash hideously at the Ugly Sweater Run 5K this Saturday
- Make a duck face with One World Trade at Albany Plaza's "selfie kiosk"
- The MTA takes straphangers on a trip back to the subway of 1966
- Calling all fried-chicken fans: Pies 'n' Thighs is coming to Manhattan
- Brooklyn rent prices grew at triple the rate of Manhattan in 2014