Good call Traci.. where is the actual guide here (other than the "6 shows you must see" which is a regurgitation of the genre spotlights on CMJ page), and what's so ultimate about a tiny paragraph with links back to the CMJ page? "Where to party after the gigs"... ok, where?
CMJ Music Marathon 2013: The ultimate guide
CMJ is back! Here’s the skinny on the buzziest and most rocking shows to catch at this year’s fest—plus, where to party after the gigs.
Mon Oct 7 2013
Photograph: Mark Dawusk
For five glorious days, the CMJ Music Marathon, which kicks off on October 15, presents tons of gigs throughout the city. As ever, this year’s onslaught boasts a nice mix of established and under-the-radar acts. Between sets, make sure you check into our Music page for late-breaking show announcements and more.
Music lovers of New York, assemble! The city’s biggest music festival has pulled on its dancing boots and is wiggling in your direction.
We got recommendations from the Dismemberment Plan, Luke Temple, Speedy Ortiz, Yuck and more on who to see during the marathon gig.
Late-night eating and drinking in Williamsburg
Late-night eating and drinking on the Lower East Side
Past CMJ coverage
You might also like
Live music calendar for New York City
- The 50 best love songs ever made
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- Dance-party playlist: 100 greatest songs for an epic party
- The 50 best breakup songs
- The 50 best summer songs: Hit the beach with these summertime tunes
- New York attractions: New places that are already open
- New York attractions: Places opening in 2013 and beyond
- Goodbye, Williamsburg; hello, Greenpoint, Brooklyn!
- Concert schedule for live music shows in New York City in April
- Concert schedule for live music in New York City