CMJ Music Marathon 2013: The ultimate guide
CMJ is back! Here’s the skinny on the buzziest and most rocking shows to catch at this year’s fest—plus, where to party after the gigs.
Mon Oct 7 2013
Photograph: Mark Dawusk
For five glorious days, the CMJ Music Marathon, which kicks off on October 15, presents tons of gigs throughout the city. As ever, this year’s onslaught boasts a nice mix of established and under-the-radar acts. Between sets, make sure you check into our Music page for late-breaking show announcements and more.
Music lovers of New York, assemble! The city’s biggest music festival has pulled on its dancing boots and is wiggling in your direction.
We got recommendations from the Dismemberment Plan, Luke Temple, Speedy Ortiz, Yuck and more on who to see during the marathon gig.
Late-night eating and drinking in Williamsburg
Late-night eating and drinking on the Lower East Side
Past CMJ coverage
You might also likeSee more in Live music
Write your own review
Live music calendar for New York City
- Dance-party playlist: 100 greatest songs for an epic party
- 50 sexiest songs ever made: From Marvin Gaye to Justin Timberlake
- New York attractions: New places that are already open
- New York attractions: Places opening in 2013 and beyond
- Goodbye, Williamsburg; hello, Greenpoint, Brooklyn!
- The Gaits: A High Line Sound Walk
- Concert schedule for live music in New York City
- Thanksgiving playlist: Top 20 songs of gratitude
- 101 things to do in New York City in the fall
- New York attractions: Places on our radar