The origin of the restaurant's name dates back to 1945 when Jimmy Siro, maitre d' at the Waldorf Astoria, purchased the Lincoln Avenue eatery that was known as The Maranese Restaurant. And it was off to the races for this trackside restaurant. A Saratoga institution, the original Siro's has been a staple on the upstate social circuit since it opened. While the intensity was fever pitch for the six-week track season, Siro's preferred to gallop into New York City to strut its stuff year-round.
Several things contribute to the mystique of Siro's aside from just the history and tradition – wealth and privilege, celebrities and politicians, governors and grifters, not to mention the beautiful women that are constantly pursued by them all.