Acquired by the city of Brooklyn in 1836 and formerly named City Park, this 10.3-acre park was renamed for Commodore John Barry, the "Father of the U.S. Navy," in 1951 due to its proximity to the Brooklyn Navy Yard that Barry helped to establish.
Commodore Barry Park
|Venue name:||Commodore Barry Park||Contact:|
|Cross street:||between Flushing and Park Aves|
|Transport:||Subway: B, Q, R to DeKalb Ave|