0
Add review

Eugene O'Neill Theatre

Midtown West

Built in 1925 and christened the Forrest Theatre after great American thespian Edwin Forrest, this 1,030-seat playhouse has gone through many changes over the decades. It became the Coronet Theatre in 1945. Then in 1959, following a hit revival of Eugene O’Neill’s The Great God Brown, it got its present name. Playwright Neil Simon bought the building in the late ’60s and sold it to Jujamcyn in 1982. In 1999 the O’Neill was home to the acclaimed 50th-anniversary production of Arthur Miller’s Death of a Salesman.

Venue name: Eugene O'Neill Theatre
Address: 230 W 49th St
New York

Cross street: between Broadway and Eighth Ave
Venue phone: 212-239-6200
Website: http://jujamcyn.com
Transport: Subway: C, E to 50th St; N, Q, R, 42nd St S, 1, 2, 3, 7 to 42nd St–Times Sq; N, R to 49th St
LiveReviews|0
1 person listening