Midsummer Night Swing at Lincoln Center
Lincoln Center’s outdoor music and dance festival, Midsummer Night Swing, returns for more heady fun
Wed Jun 11 2014
Brush off your oxford shoes and stretch those calves: It’s time for live tunes and nonstop jiving at Damrosch Park at Lincoln Center. The 25th edition of Midsummer Night Swing at Lincoln Center brings together NYC’s biggest social-dance ensembles, including big band Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks and salsa group Spanish Harlem Orchestra, for a two-week-long party focusing on music from the 1920s to the 1970s. Each evening features a particular genre and dance style, with a free beginners’ lesson where you can learn the basic steps. We asked some of the scheduled instructors to show us their moves.
Midsummer Night Swing: Damrosch Park at Lincoln Center, W 62nd St between Columbus and Amsterdam Aves (212-721-6500, midsummernightswing.org). Dance lesson 6:30pm, music and dancing 7:30–10pm. Tue 25–July 13; single pass $17, four-dance pass $60, six-dance pass $84, season pass $170.
You might also like
Events calendar for New York City
- 18 super-cool things to do this weekend
- 31 things that will definitely happen to you when moving to New York
- Brooklyn Flea
- 20 awesome things happening in New York this week
- 24 awesome things happening in New York this week
- Foolproof guide to People's Climate Walk this Sunday
- See the photos from the 2014 Smallest Penis in Brooklyn contest (NSFW)
- 10 most New York moments on Friends
- Kayak on the Hudson