New York museums: 50 interesting NYC museum facts you never knew
Your visits to New York museums will be a lot more interesting once you’ve learned this fascinating trivia.
Tue Jun 25 2013
If you’re one of those people who thinks New York museums are boring, we’ve got news for you: NYC’s cultural institutions are chock-full of weird trivia, scandalous stories and hidden spots. Time Out has rounded up 50 of the most interesting secrets about New York museums, including the origins of museum buildings, the weirdest items on view at six New York museums, and the most shocking things security guards have witnessed by museumgoers. Plus, get details on the summer’s hottest exhibits at some of our favorite New York attractions.
50 things you didn't know about NYC museums
You might also like
Events calendar for New York City
- Feast of San Gennaro
- 24 awesome things happening in New York this week
- 16 super-cool things to do this weekend
- Brooklyn Flea
- There are more bedbugs on the subway
- See the photos from the 2014 Smallest Penis in Brooklyn contest (NSFW)
- Word on the Street: 12 crazy things we overheard in NYC this week
- The 10 best oyster happy hour spots in NYC
- Kayak on the Hudson
- "NYC Makers: The MAD Biennial"