Records of the castle can be dated back to 1059. It belonged to the Requesens family from the beginning of the 14th century to 1472, when it was acquired by Francesc de Montserrat, the first Marquis of Tamarit, whose descendents have maintained the property until now. In its current state, the building dates mostly from the 17th century and is in magnificent condition. It is a private residence and is not open to visitors.
|Venue name:||Castell dels Montserrat d'Altafulla|
Pl. de l'Església, s/n
|Opening hours:||Not open for visits|