As Sky Movies Great Brits season gets underway, we've picked out some of the movies' more memorable lines, featuring some of the 50 Great British Actors. Test your knowledge of Brits on-screen with our 20-question quote quiz. Good luck!
1) Michael Caine, in 'The Italian Job', says 'Hang on a minute, lads, I've got...'
2) Stanley Baker, in 'Zulu', says... 'The British Army don't like...'
3) Patrick Stewart, in 'X-Men', says 'Mankind is not evil, just...'
4) Simon Callow, in 'Four Weddings and a Funeral', says 'It's hell out there. Matthew's trapped with...'
5) Kate Winslet, in 'Titanic', says 'The last thing I need is another picture of me looking like...'
6) Simon Pegg, in 'Shaun of the Dead', says 'Come and get it! It's...'
7) Ron Moody, in 'Oliver', sings 'In this life, one thing counts...'
8) Anthony Hopkins, in 'The Silence of the Lambs', says 'A census taker tried to test me once. I ate his liver with some...'
9) Malcolm McDowell, in 'A Clockwork Orange', says 'It had been a wonderful evening, and what I needed now to give it the perfect ending was a bit of...?
10) Hugh Grant, in 'Love Actually', says 'Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about...'
11) Judi Dench, in 'Philomena', says 'And after I had the sex, I thought anything that feels so...'
12) Ian McKellen, in 'Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring', says 'Go back to the shadow...'
13) Ralph Fiennes, in 'The Grand Budapest Hotel', says 'There's not much in the kitty, except...'
14) Tim Curry, in 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show', says 'Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and...'
15) Robert Carlyle, in 'The Full Monty', says 'I've got a degree in...'
16) David Tomlinson, in 'Bedknobs & Broomsticks', says 'Anything and everything a chap can unload, is sold off the barrow...'
17) Liam Neeson, in 'Batman Begins', says 'A vigilante is just a man, lost in the...'
18) Emma Thompson, in 'Saving Mr. Banks', says 'I cannot tell you how uninterested - no, positively sickened I am – at the thought of going to see your...'
19) Tom Hiddleston, in 'Only Lovers Left Alive', says 'Just goes to show, we don't really know...'
20) Dudley Moore, in 'Arthur', says 'It's a terribly small, tiny little country...'
And the answers were...
1) The Italian Job: 'Hang on a minute, lads, I've got a great idea!'
2) Zulu: 'The British Army don't like more than one disaster in a day.'
3) X-Men: 'Mankind is not evil, just uninformed.'
4) Four Weddings and a Funeral: 'It's hell out there. Matthew's trapped with an evangelist from Minnesota.'
5) Titanic: 'The last thing I need is another picture of me looking like a porcelain doll.'
6) Shaun of the Dead: 'Come and get it! It's a running buffet!'
7) Oliver: 'In this life, one thing counts: in the bank, large amounts.'
8) Silence of the Lambs: 'I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.'
9) A Clockwork Orange: 'It had been a wonderful evening, and what I need now to give it the perfect was a bit of the old Ludwig van.'
10) Love Actually: 'Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport.'
11) Philomena: 'And after I had the sex, I thought anything that feels so lovely must be wrong.'
12) Lord of the Rings: 'Go back to the shadow! You shall not pass!'
13) The Grand Budapest Hotel: 'There's not much in the kitty, except a set of ivory-backed hairbrushes and my library of romantic poetry.'
14) The Rocky Horror Picture Show: 'Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever!'
15) The Full Monty: 'I've got a degree in arse-wiggling, mate.'
16) Bedknobs & Broomsticks: 'Anything and everything a chap can unload, is sold off the barrow on Portobello Road.'
17) Batman Begins: 'A vigilante is just a man, lost in the scramble for his own gratification.'
18) Saving Mr. Banks: 'I cannot tell you how uninterested - no, positively sickened I am - at the thought of going to see your dollar-printing machine.'
19) Only Lovers Left Alive: 'Just goes to show, we don't really know shit about funghi.'
20) Arthur: 'It's a terribly small, tiny little country. Rhode Island could beat the crap out of it in a war.'
Support Time Out
We see you’re using an ad-blocker. Ad revenue is Time Out’s main source of income. The content you’re reading is made by independent, expert local journalists.
Support Time Out directly today and help us champion the people and places which make the city tick. Cheers!Donate now