If we'd been responsible for the single most ambitious, most uplifting theatrical event London has ever seen, we'd probably kick back for a few years, switch our out-of-office on and spend some time thinking about how awesome we are.
Not Danny Boyle. One year on from the Olympic opening ceremony that turned us into a city of fiercely proud, Union Flag-waving sports nuts, he's fronting community-minded film festival Shuffle, taking place at St Clement's Social Club – a repurposed portion of an old abandoned psychiatric hospital in Mile End.
Watch the video above to find out more about what's on the bill, then buy tickets for a screening or two, many of which are preceded by Q&A sessions with directors, including – of course – Danny Boyle himself.
For more information about Shuffle, see our full listings and check out our video tour of the festival site with organiser Kate MacTiernan.
You might also like
- Sam Mendes on Daniel Craig, killing off M and returning to Bond for ‘Spectre’
- Steve Coogan interview: 'I have a lot of love in my life'
- Carey Mulligan on being a bad-ass feminist and starring in ‘Suffragette’
- How to become a Hollywood mogul
- Lindsay Lohan interview: ‘It helps with the perception that I'm just a psycho’