One of 'Pacific Rim's' Jaegers ready to do battle.
Inside the Jaeger control room.
Charlie Hunnam and Rinko Kikuchi suit up.
Hackney's finest, Idris Elba, and Charlie Hunnam shake hands.
Idris Elba on smouldering form.
Panic in the streets as the monsters attack.
Charlie Hunnam in civvies.
In 'Hellboy' director Guillermo del Toro's new movie 'Pacific Rim', which opens in cinemas on July 12, humanity is reeling from a surprise attack by terrifying giant monsters from the deep. There's only one way for man to fight back: build massive military robots - or Jaegers - to battle the creatures on their own turf. In this exclusive clip, del Toro talks us through the complex design process for these skyscraper-sized mechanical giants, from first sketches and models to the eye-popping, digitally-generated final result.
You might also like
- The ten most utterly outrageous action scenes ever seen on film
- 15 of the most memorable kissing scenes in movies
- Ten new movie releases you need to know about this month
- Time Out Card ballot: Win tickets to an exclusive private screening of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
- The 100 best animated movies: 90-81