The tradition of grabbing some Chinese eats for Christmas is coming a few days early this year.
Old Montreal's Jiao Dim Sum Bar is giving away small Chinese food boxes (fun fact: they're called oyster pails) of General Tao chicken to Montrealers on next Tuesday, December 22 from noon to 5pm at the takeout window of their restaurant (399 Notre-Dame St West).
No purchase is necessary. "We miss you," the restaurant wrote in a post on Facebook, "and hope this spreads a little holiday cheer to all those in need."
View this post on Instagram
Mark your calendars, Montreal, and make sure to show up ahead of time. Kill some time with a coffee or tea from a local café, enjoy the possible snowfall, and get in line.
If you want to plan a swanky Chinese lunch or dinner by buying up some other dishes from Jiao, you can find their menu here; they've got good bottles of sake and wine to pick up alongside some great dishes like chili oil Chow Fun (rice noodles) with sirloin, their brisket-stuffed Pho Luhng Bao dumpling in pho broth, and yes, those $100 dumplings made with Louis XIII cognac.
The latest from Time Out Montréal
- Restaurants across Quebec can now deliver alcohol—but what about bars?
- Here's how Montrealers are reacting to replacing Bonjour-Hi with Bonjour-Ho
- Old Montreal's Auberge Saint-Gabriel fireside Christmas market returns for another weekend
- Joe Beef announces rallying cry to Montreal restaurants and bars: Sell your wine
- Saint-Henri's latest arrival Teochew Foodie is gem of regional Chinese specialties